The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Second Helpings from Union Square Cafe
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 c. corn oil
1/3 c. smooth peanut butter
1/2 c. dark brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. dry roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oil, butter, peanut butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Increase speed and beat for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Sift together flour, powdered sugar, salt and baking soda. Add this dry mix and peanuts to the mixing bowl all at once. Incorporate on low speed for about 20 seconds. Finish blending by hand to make sure peanuts are evenly distributed.
4. Using a measuring tablespoon, dipped in water to prevent sticking, scoop out batter to form mounds on a prepared cookie sheet––that is either lightly buttered or lined with parchment or a silpat. With moistened fingers, flatten each mound to a 2 inch disk.
5. Bake cookies 15-20 minutes until deep golden brown. Let cool until crisp.